Goat Access Membership
Square Butte Hunting Club – 2023 Membership
Online Submission Form
Square Butte Hunting Goat Access Membership
If you have a current annual Goat access membership from Square Butte Hunting and you draw the 447 Montana Goat permit you will be granted access on the Strand Ranch. This Ranch is located between Geyser and Geraldine in Montana Goat unit 447 and encompasses Round Butte which is home to 30-40 Mountain Goats. The ranch also borders Square Butte where it is home to 10-20 Mountain Goats.
Square Butte Hunting will allow you to access the ranch from the county road via ATV to the two parking areas on Square and Round Butte. From there you should have a short half mile walk. You will have access for 14 days which can be broken into two separate weeks. Also, your two weeks can be at your convenience during the Montana hunting season but must be scheduled with Square Butte Hunting.
25% of all proceeds will be donated to local emergency services and 50% will be used for ranch weed management.
Please complete the online application or mail in the following paper form prior to the May 1st, 2023 deadline.
Goat Hunt Access Membership
The following terms and conditions are listed below:
1. There is no guarantee made that you will harvest a goat during the hunt.
2. This is a self-guided hunt.
3. The Hunter and anyone accompanying them will be required to sign a release and waiver before accessing the ranch.
4. All Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks Regulations will be strictly followed while hunting.
5. No alcohol or drug use is permitted.
6. Square Butte Hunting Club, LLC reserves the right to terminate membership if a hunting regulation is violated, negligence or any unsafe behavior is exhibited.
7. The form and payment must be received not later than May 1, 2023.